Shut the front door! I am so utterly stunned right now. I was nominated for the Liebster Award. Apparently this award is for new bloggers with less than 200 followers. Yeah, that about sums me up. First of all I’d like to thank Debb at http://sunshinefactor.wordpress.com for this extremely unexpected honor. I hope I get this right because I’m still unsure of what I’m doing, but here goes nothing. For this award I must list 11 things about myself. Then I must answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated me has asked. I must nominate up to 11 of my favorite new bloggers with less than 200 followers and give them 11 questions of my choosing to answer. Lastly, I must notify my nominees of their nomination. Whew, I think I got it all.
Here are 11 things to know about me:
- I am a Christmas baby. I was born December 22nd. What’s really freaky is that my name means “born at Christmas”. My mom just liked the name and had no idea that it would hold meaning to a Christmas baby like myself.
- I tend to shy away from awards and accolades. I really don’t like doing things that bring attention to myself. I’m trying to break away from this mentality and be more open. Hence, my blogging and humbly accepting this award.
- I am addicted to Coach handbags, sunglasses, and wallets. I know that it is a pricey addiction, but it is the only thing I will splurge on for myself.
- My favorite reality show is “So You Think You Can Dance”. I have watched every episode of every season, except the first season because I wasn’t into it yet. I secretly wish I could dance half as well as the dancers on that show. Although I do feel I dance better than some of the people who audition for it.
- I used to collect “Archie Comics”. I still have a box full of them in my storage. I loved reading about the adventures of Archie, Jughead, Betty, and Veronica. My mom was nice enough to buy one for me at the grocery store checkout line every week.
- I like being different. Normal is boring. I like that I don’t fit into a box though many, many, many have tried to put me into one. I feel like there is freedom in being different. I’m not confined to one thing and I’m happy for that. I don’t like to be stereotyped.
- I love to laugh. I have been like this ever since I was a kid. I live for a good joke, a funny show, a video that makes my stomach hurt from laughing so hard.
- I’m a “Gleek”. I’m a geek for the show “Glee”. I love that show. It’s funny, it different, it’s real, it’s got singing and dancing. I mean what more could you want from a show. My favorite character is Emma, the Guidance Counselor. She’s so odd, but so many of us School Counselors are. That’s why we Counsel. To be an effective School Counselor you have to be a little outside of the box.
- My favorite food is anything potato. I love, no LOVE, potatoes. Fried, baked, scalloped, boiled, grilled, it doesn’t matter to me. It’s such a deliciously diverse food. I will never give up my potatoes. I would rather run five miles everyday than give them up. Any diet that would exclude potatoes is not a diet for me.
- I played the piano for ten years. I even participated in a few recitals where I finished in 3rd place and 1st place. I haven’t “tickled the ivory” since my freshmen year of college. I wonder if I would still remember any of those skills.
- I consider myself a “comeback kid”. Whenever life or circumstance knocks me down I fight to get back up. The best example of this is when I was 11 and a Girl Scout. We went to a dude ranch where we got the opportunity to ride horses. Everyone was doing well with riding, including me. Then all of a sudden I started to slide off my horse for whatever reason. I rode around the circle hanging on to the side of the horse for a whole turn before someone noticed. I felt so silly because we would have to ride our horses in a show. Later when the show came around, I took my horse out. I did all the commands. The horse obeyed me perfectly. I rode well and did not fall off. In the end I ended up placing 1st. Talk about a comeback.
Now to answer the questions that Debb asked. Here you go:
1. Left or right handed? Right handed.
2. Your favorite beverage? I’m a big root beer fan.
3. What is your number one dream job? Hmm, oh my definite dream job would be to be an artist.
4. Women: do you love to collect: shoes, purses, or something else (if so, what)? You must’ve read my mind. As stated earlier I collect Coach handbags.
5. Men: do you take your lady to chick flicks for her sake, or do you tell her to go with her girlfriends?
6. When you close your eyes and count to 20, let’s say, how do you see the numbers in your mind – in a straight line from left to right, up and down like a graph, or going from bottom left to top right – or something else? I see them flashing, one at a time, like a countdown, in bright white light.
7. Favorite color? (If you’re like me, you have one special one and a subset of runner-ups. Sorry, please narrow it down to your very, very favorite.) Definitely blue.
8. Are you a morning (mourning) dove or a night owl? I am such a night owl.
9. Do/did you have siblings, or are you an only? I have an older brother and an older sister.
10. Describe your favorite type of ink pen in full glorious detail. My favorite ink pen has blue ink in it. It is retractable with the push down button on the very top. The outside top and bottom are also blue. The center is clear and you can see the springs and amount of ink in it. The ink comes out thick and a little runny because it’s a gel pen. I really love that pen.
11. Are you able to humor me here and answer these questions and pass them on? Absolutely!
Now for the fun part. I get to nominate up to 11 of my favorite bloggers for the Liebster Award. Here are the rules for you again. You must tell 11 things about yourself. You must answer my questions. Nominate up to 11 of your favorite new bloggers with less than 200 followers. I know it’s hard to tell how many followers bloggers have but try your best to find the under 200 newbies. Make sure that you leave your nominees 11 questions of your choosing to answer. Also, don’t forget to inform your nominees of the award nomination. Okay here are my 11 questions to my nominees:
- What is your favorite book?
- If you could do anything you wanted, without regard to money or time, then what would you do?
- Chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry?
- Do you have any pets?
- What’s the most outrageous thing you’ve ever done?
- What is something no one else, or very few people, know about you?
- What is the name of your best friend and how long have you been friends?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What was your least favorite subject in school?
- Who is your celebrity crush? Only one please.
- What is your favorite food?
I have picked these bloggers for the Liebster Award because I find their blogs refreshing in their honesty. They are all different blogs but the truth in their writing is what ties them together. It is also what makes me enjoy reading their posts. Drumroll please. Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award:
Don’t forget the rules for the award. To my fellow newbies: You make my time as a blogger worthwhile. I enjoy reading your posts. They make me laugh, they make me happy, they make me sad, they make me think, they make me believe. Now, go forth and spread the love to your favorite new bloggers. 🙂