I’ve been listening to a lot of Ne-Yo lately. He is one of my favorite male R&B singers. But his music is more than just his voice. Have you ever taken the time to listen to the lyrics this dude writes? If he gets tired of singing he should just have a talk show where he offers up song lyrics for the romantically challenged or lovelorn. Here are some of my favorite quotes from Ne-Yo song lyrics. As usual…enjoy.
- “Much as you blame yourself, you can’t be blamed for the way that you feel. Had no example of a love that was remotely real.”
- “I’m so fed up with my thoughts of you and your memory. And how every song reminds me of what used to be.”
- “The mistake I made is clear. We never should’ve been together. Thats the reason you’re not here. I know that I can do much better. Not a single salty tear. Not a feeling in my chest. Baby I’m feeling no stress. I’m too fly to be depressed.”
- “Maybe this decision was a mistake. You probably don’t care what I have to say. But it’s been heavy on my mind for months now. Guess I’m trying to clear some mental space. I would love to talk to you in person. But I understand why that can’t be. I’ll leave you alone for good I promise. If you answer this one question for me. I just wonder do you ever think of me anymore? Do you?”
- “In the time it would take you to learn from your mistakes. In the time it would take to dial the phone. In the time it will take you to realize her greatness. She’ll be gone. She’s moved on. To someone who takes the time.”
- “You understand me. At least you say you do. Lately thats enough for me. Looking for perfect. Surrounded by artificial. You’re the closest thing to real I’ve seen.”
- “You’re the best thing I never knew I needed. So when you were here I had no idea. You’re the best thing I never knew I needed. So now it’s so clear, I need you here always.”
- “Think of it every second. I can’t get nothing done. Only concern is the next time I’m gonna get me some. Know I should stay away from, cause it’s no good for me. I try and try but my obsession wont let me leave.”
- “I know sometimes it’s gonna rain. But baby can we make up now cause I can’t sleep through the pain. Girl I don’t want to go to bed mad at you.
And I don’t want you to go to bed, mad at me. No I don’t want to go to bed mad at you. And I don’t want you to go to bed, mad at me.”
- “They’re part of the list. Things that I miss. Things like your funny little laugh or the way you smile or the way we kiss. What I notice is this. I come up with something new every single time that I sit and reminisce.”
Okay, if you have ever been in love then you can relate to at least three of these lyrics. If you haven’t, then one day you will, and you will understand what he meant when he wrote it. I relate to all of the above lyrics. All point to some memory of a past relationship, crush, or love that was lost for whatever reason. Is there a song lyric that reminds you of a past relationship?