Have you made your bucket list yet? I think everyone should make and have one. Why? I believe that having a bucket list puts your life into perspective. Even if you don’t accomplish everything on your list, it is a reminder of who you are and how you want to live your life before it ends. So stop being so busy. Take a moment to plan the future you want to accomplish and try to live a life (your life) without regrets.
Things I want to do before I die:
- Travel the world. There are so many places I want to see. Countries, continents, famous landmarks. Name it and I want to see it. The list goes on and on and it is too extensive to compose.
- Have a family. Either genetically mine or a bunch of children I’ve adopted from different places and countries. I eventually want a family of my own.
- Attend a professional American football game. American Football is my favorite sport. I have yet to actually attend a live game and really get in on the action. When the Cowboys go back to the Superbowl I want to be there to see it. (Yes naysayers, they will get back on track one day.)
- Eat at a five star restaurant. I love food. I love great food. I watch food network frequently. I watch all of Gordon Ramsey’s reality shows. As of now I’m too cheap to afford fine dining, as are the people around me. One day, I want to savor every bite of the finest cuisine in the world without having a possible coronary when the check comes.
- Drive a Bentley. This is my fantasy car. I would really like to own one, but they just cost entirely too much money. I can think of better things to do with hundreds of thousands of dollars than buy a car. Driving one however is something I can definitely manage.
- Wear a bikini in public. Is this my inner exhibitionist talking? Quite possibly. Really, it is about getting in the best shape possible and not being self-conscious about my body. I figure this one has an expiration date though. I’d better get hustling.
- Find reciprocated love. Who doesn’t want this? Everyone needs to love and be loved honestly and sincerely in return. I am no exception. I would like this to happen before I kick the bucket.
- Spend the night in a mansion. What would it be like to live in a home with more rooms than all the homes on your street? To cook in a state of the art gourmet kitchen? To swim an infinity pool that overlooks the ocean? To bathe in a tub that is more like a jacuzzi, inside a bathroom as large as your bedroom? Well I do.
- Visit all of the United States. Hey, it’s a big country and while I’ve seen some of it, there is definitely a whole lot more of it to see.
- Have an honest conversation. This could either be a good thing or a bad thing. Good or bad, I want an honest conversation just once in my life. A no holds barred, truth infused conversation with honest emotions and thoughts.
- Create a great work of Art. I want to create something that is so different, so imaginative, so unique that it will stand the test of time. That’s what constitutes a great work of art to me.
- Have something I’ve written be published. It could be an academic research paper that I’ve written. It could be a short story. It could be a poem. It could be a novel. It could be an essay. I don’t care what it is as long as it is available for everyone to read and has my name as the author.
- Do a grand good deed. I’ve done small deeds for people. I’ve volunteered in soup kitchens, donated money to charities, walked to raise money for cancer research. Yet, it just doesn’t feel like enough. I want to do something grander like win the lottery and donate it all to various charities.
- Get married. Why not? I love cake. Okay, it’s not just the cake. It’s the love, the euphoria, the future ahead. This is something I only plan on doing once and I have to make it count and last for as long as possible. Plus, I need someone to help me accomplish my bucket list. It would be much more fun with a partner.