So I’ve been blogging for exactly one week and so far….I’m loving it. Here are my reasons and why:
- It’s like an online diary. Granted, I haven’t kept a diary since I was 16 years old but writing frequently and honestly brings me back to those days when I had so much to say and just knew everything about everything. Yes, I have since come to discover that I knew everything about absolutely nothing. Life does that to you.
- I get to know people from all over the world. This part has to be my favorite thing about this blogging stuff. It’s nice to connect with someone from a different part of the world and find there are others in this world like me and I am like them.
- Like minds and different opinions. Okay this is something that I experience everyday in my actual life, but it’s nice to see it on a blog too. I never anticipated finding people who love books as much as I do. People who write humorously about their life. People who are on a constant search for meaning in their life. People who find themselves in their art. People who just love to write. People who are willing to put it all out there regardless of what others think. I admire you all for that.
- I can write about whatever I want. You can like it or hate it, but I will still write about it. I always thought blogs had to be about one specific subject and you had to write about that one thing and that was it. I didn’t want to be boxed in like that, so I passed. Okay, I will also admit I was completely anti-blogging when it first became popular. Everyone was doing it and I thought it would just become a fad that died out….like MySpace.
- I can disclose what I feel to those closest to me. I grew up in a family that wasn’t very communicative or expressive with feelings and emotions. As I got older this stayed with me and probably became a hinderance in many of my relationships. I’ve always been better at writing the heart of the matter than speaking it. This blog has allowed me to communicate a lot of my inner fears, worries, and frustrations. Something I wouldn’t do when I’m face to face with those I love.
So there you have it. My reasons why I’m starting to like this this thing called blogging. I just hope the feeling can last….